This website is owned and operated by the Yashwantrao Chavan Centre, Mumbai which is a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950; and a Society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860; and having its registered office at Y.B.Chavan Centre, (Plot No. 7 and 9), General Jagannathrao Bhosale Marg, Mumbai - 400021.
Yashwantrao Chavan Centre undertakes various types of social activities, programmes campaigns focussed around Education, Women, Youth, Culture, Health, Disability and Senior Citizens, etc.
Along with these activities, Yashwantrao Chavan Centre also provides services
- Auditoriums on Rent for Cultural programs (dance, drama, music concerts and book launch), Lectures, conferences, conventions and meetings, Corporate meetings/programs
- Pustakdoot: A Reading Movement by Readers for Readers where a collection of books is made available online on Yashwantrao Chavan Centre website for all the book lovers for purchasing at postage cost only
General Terms & Conditions:
This Terms and Conditions of Service (“Agreement”) between Yashwantrao Chavan Centre ("YCC” or “We”) and users/ registered members of the website (“You”) describes the terms on which YCC offers you the Services (as defined below) through the website. Your access to and use of this website is governed by the terms and conditions under this Agreement and all applicable laws.
Carefully read, understand, accept and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions under this Agreement, before using this website. By accessing and browsing this website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and YCC are superseded and of no force or effect.
We reserve the right to revise, amend or modify the policy entailed in this disclaimer at any time and in any manner as it may deem fit. Any change or revision so effected will be posted on the site. It is therefore important that you review these Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- You may download, display or print information from this site (the “Information”) solely for non-commercial personal use.
- You must retain and reproduce each and every copyright notice or other proprietary rights notice contained in any Information you download. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of the website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, graphics, audio, and video without written permission of Yashwantrao Chavan Centre. You should assume that everything you see or read on this website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on this website without our written permission. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us.
- With the exception of the foregoing limited authorisation, no license to or right in any copyright of Yashwantrao Chavan Centre or of any other party is granted or conferred to you.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, feedback, ideas, queries, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of Yashwantrao Chavan Centre or its affiliates and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, Yashwantrao Chavan Centre is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- This website may contain or reference trademarks, patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Yashwantrao Chavan Centre and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of Yashwantrao Chavan Centre and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
- While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, we make no warranties or representations with respect to the content of this website, which is provided “as is”. We accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever arising from or in any way connected with the use of this website or its content. In particular, we will not be liable for the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, timeliness, or comprehensiveness of the information contained on the website. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- We also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the website.
- The information may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We reserve the right to make changes, corrections and/or improvements to the Information, and to the products and programmes described in such information, at any time without notice.
- We have no control over and do not endorse any of the sites to which the website is linked and because we have not reviewed any or all of the sites to which this website is linked, you acknowledge that we are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this website. Your linking to this website, off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk and without the permission of YCC.
- YCC aspires to be a dynamic website by adding new features and content regularly for the benefit of visitors. For this purpose, the YCC website may at any point be temporarily shut down for update work. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to issues beyond our control.
- We reserve the right to interrupt or discontinue any or all of the functionality of this website. Yashwantrao Chavan Centre, the controller of this website accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any interruption or discontinuance of any or all functionality of its website, whether the result of actions or omissions of an entity of YCC or a third party.
Services and Donations:
- This website contains information on its events and services, not all of which are available in every location. A reference to our event or service on this website does not imply that such an occurrence of the event or service is or will be available in your location. Kindly, read the event details thoroughly.
Donation Refund Policy:
We take the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, We will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send us a written request for a refund within 2 days of making the donation to our official address mentioned on this website or email at
- Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
- In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office addresses.
- If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry but we will not be able to refund the donation.
- However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on our part, we will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.
- International donations will require more working days for the refund process.
Prohibited Activity and Governing Law:
- Although we may from time to time monitor or review postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the website, we are under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the website.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
Terms and Conditions for hiring Y. B. Chavan Auditorium
- The maximum sitting capacities of Main Auditorium, Rangaswar Hall and Cultural Hall are 564,225 and 150 including reserved seats for Chavan Centre authorities. (Reserved seats – (10) Main Auditorium, (6) Rangaswar Hall, (4) Cultural Hall.
- The auditorium/Halls shall be used only for the following purposes:
- Cultural programs viz. dance, drama, music concerts and book launch
- Lectures, conferences, conventions and meetings
- Corporate meetings/programs
- Use of the Pratishthan’s premises is subject to rules framed by the Pratishthan.
- The booking is confirmed on full payment being made.
Auditorium Refund Policy / Cancellation Policy
- Chavan Centre reserves right to change the dates in case of Govt/ Chavan Centre’s programs with prior notice. In that case alternate date/time will be offered or the amount paid will be refunded.
- In case of unilateral cancellation of the booking, only the amount of deposit will be refunded.
- If rescheduled, an event organizer must inform at least 30 days before the prior booked date. The rescheduledate should be booked in the immediate 30 days to the prior schedule date of hire.
- If any additional amount is due after the event, the applicable amount will be deducted from the security deposit.
- The organizer will obtain police permission prior to the performance of the event and will be responsible for maintenance of law and order, traffic control etc.
- Organizers should designate their representative to liaise with the Colaba Police Station for security arrangement at the gate and in auditorium.
- Responsibility of applicant for all legal obligations The applicant shall be solely responsible for;
- Payment of all taxes including Municipal Theatre tax or any State and Central Government Tax levy on the performance.
- According to the Bombay Municipal Corporation provisions of section 191 (E), Act (1) to (3), to the Theater, Cinema Hall, Ananda Bazar and other places of entertainment, where the citizen gets admission in the charge. Taxes are levied on the performance on each experiment or theater play. The owner of the entertainment program, or in-charge, has to fill the tax in advance before giving admission to any person.
- Receipt of the theater tax paid in advance to the Mumbai Municipal Corporation, Theater Division. J. B Shah Market Bldg., Next to Masjid Station 4th Floor, Mumbai.
- All persons/artists should be Indian Citizens.
- When a foreign artiste is part of performing troupe an N.O.C. from the Under Secretary, Government of Maharashtra, Home Department, New Administrative Building, 9th Floor, Opp. Mantralaya, Mumbai, 400032 is mandatory. In such cases, artists must travel to India on Business Visa.
- IPRS license obtained from The Indian Performing Right Society Ltd., 208 Golden Chambers, 2nd floor, New Andheri Link Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai, 400053, wherever applicable.
- Necessary to submit the Censor Certificate from the Stage Performance Scrutiny Board Government of Maharashtra, 2nd Floor Thakercy House Shoorji Vallabhadas Road, Ballard Estate Mumbai – 400001
- If prerecorded music is being played, necessary to submit the copy of PPL licenses. (Phonographic Performance Ltd)
- DG Set – If a generator is being used, necessary to submit the copy of license – PWD (Office of the Electrical Inspector, I.E & L. Department)
- Catering Facilities: Y. B. Chavan Center has a cafeteria operated by a catering contractor. Parties desiringcatering facilities should be made through our caterer. No outside food and drinks or catering are allowed in the hall. Menu, rates and services will be finalized in between the hirer and the catering contractor.
Contact Details: Manager of Central Caterer, Mr. Prem Mishra on Phone: 22822374, Mobile: 9821132752.
- No party is allowed to handle the Auditorium Properties without the consent of the in-charge of the Auditorium. Nailing on the Stage, Podium/Dias etc. in and outer walls of the auditorium complex is strictly prohibited.
- Posters, Banners, Publicity Material will be allowed to be displayed only at the specified place provided for in or outside the premises of the Auditorium.
- No loudspeakers will be allowed in any part of the auditorium premises without the prior permission of the in charge.
- DJ system is not allowed in any part of the Chavan Centre premises.
- The damage, if any, made to the Auditorium fitting, fixtures, etc. during the course of use, the organizer will be responsible to make up such loss by making payment through NEFT/Cheque or from the security deposit as may be decided by the Management Authority.
- The Chavan Centre will not be held responsible for losses/damages of the properties of the hiring organization used in the performance or kept in the auditorium premises.
- No extra light or mikes or audio video equipment will be installed by the organizer without prior permission. Any other facility to be used other than that provided will require prior permission from the auditorium in- charge and charges may be levied on the same if extra electricity is involved in the use of that facility.
- Designated spaces have been marked out for floral rangoli and floral decoration.
- In view of the prevailing security environment during the event, organizers of the program are to nominate designated representative for identifying delegates and guests to ensure that only invited persons are allowed to attend the program.
- Organizers are requested to avoid making noise inside and outside the meeting venues and strictly adhere to the time slot for which booking has been made.
- Management will not be liable for any loss in case the hirer is unable to use auditorium due to failure of electricity, riot, strike, earthquake, an act of war or any other reason beyond the control of the management of the auditorium.
- Entry to the auditorium shall be subject to security check.
- Nothing will be allowed to be taken out of the auditorium without a gate pass issued by the competent authority of the auditorium.
- Organizer will please ensure the number of dignitaries on the dais does not exceed 10
- Parking Spaces on a First-Come, First-Served Basis.
- No food or Drink is allowed inside the Auditorium or Halls. Tea /Coffee/Snacks can be served only in the specific area of the Chavan Centre.
- Liquor/ Alcohol is not allowed to be served or consumed inside the Premises of Chavan Centre.
- Smoking inside the premises of Chavan Centre is strictly prohibited.
- All programs shall be conducted in an orderly manner for which the person/institution booking the auditorium shall be fully responsible.
- In the event of any infringement of rule, the management of the auditorium shall have the right to withdraw all facilities provided for the program/event.
- The Auditorium will be available for use between 10 AM to 11 PM. The hall will normally be available for shows/Rehearsal/setup from 10 AM onwards. However, extra usage for shows/Setup/Rehearsal before 10 AM or for Setup/Dismantling beyond 11 PM can be permitted with prior written consent of the management and on payment of applicable additional charges.
- In case of camera-shooting facilities, organizers will have to make own arrangements for video cameras. The Prathisthan will, however, charge Rs. 750/- per camera/ per slot.
- ChavanPrathisthan Provides podium, 2 tables, 10 chairs, 3 wire mikes free. Other Items like collar/cordless mikes, tables/chairs with frills etc., will entail extra charge with 9.00% CGST & 9.00% SGST on total Bill.
- Chavan Centre will apply the light bill charges with 9.00% CGST & 9.00% SGST as per use: (PAR Light – 150/- per, SPOT light – 150/- per, Power pack – 300/- per etc.)
- Slots allotted have fixed time, e.g. (i) 10-1 (ii) 3-6 (iii) 8-11. Any extra time, pre/post slot time, will entailDonation (Maintenance Charges), with 9.00% CGST & 9.00%SGST as follows:
Rs.10000/- per hour for the first two slots &
Rs.20000/- per hour for the third slot plus
Rs. 6000/- overtime for overnight staff.
Rs. 6000/- per hour for the first two slots &
Rs. 9000/- per hour for the third slot plus
Rs. 6000/- overtime for overnight staff
Rs. 6000/- per hour for the first two slots &
Rs. 9000/- per hour for the third slot plus
Rs. 6000/- overtime for overnight staff
- Extended Time for the program should not exceed 1 A.M.
Pustakdoot Terms and Conditions:
Yashwantrao Chavan Centre reserves all right to alter or modify any clause of Pustakdoot’s Return & Refund Policy, as it may deem fit.
Pustakdoot Return & Refund Policy:
- Please note, ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All the books available on this website are purchased at postage cost only by the consumers.
- Once the order for a book has been placed and payment made, it CANNOT BE CANCELED.
- The delivered book CANNOT BE RETURNED.
- The postage or shipping charges CANNOT BE REFUNDED.